Hit enter to search or ESC to close
Vacancy Position title: Senior Gender Officer – Innovation, AHGC1
Position N°: 50091794
Publication date: 29-May-2020
Closing date: 28-Jun-2020
Duty station: Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire
The Gender, Women and Civil Society Department is designed to improve coherence and coordination across complexes on Gender and Civil Society Organization issues. The Department ensures strategic priorities are reflected in resources allocation, enhances monitoring and management of performance, and strengthens the focus on results. As part of the Gender, Women and Civil Society Directorate, the Gender and Women Empowerment Division provides leadership on mainstreaming gender in operations.
The Senior Gender Officer – Innovation will provide policy and technical support to foster innovative and non-traditional approaches of promoting gender equality and women empowerment.
Under the direct supervision of the Division Manager, AHGC.1, the responsibilities of the Senior Gender Officer – Innovation include, but are not limited to, the following:
Read: Adesina Gets Support for 2nd Terms as AfDB President
1. Hold at least a Master’s degree or its equivalent in Gender Studies, International Development, Finance Development, Economics or closely related disciplines. Relevant qualification in development project management and project finance is a plus.
2. Have a minimum of five (5) years of professional experience on gender and social inclusion in the development space and experience in project management.
3. Demonstrate experience in working with innovative approaches towards gender equality in an African context;
4. Demonstrate experience in Information and Communication Technologies project coordination and management within multilateral development banks;
5. Demonstrate knowledge of the role of the private sector, entrepreneurship and of women in business in development;
6. Demonstrate understanding of regional, social and economic issues, analysis and policy formulation; knowledge of the practices of major bilateral and multilateral partner development agencies in African countries is an added advantage.
7. Demonstrate strong communication and organization skills, dealing with various stakeholders with different backgrounds and capacity to perform in complex situations.
8. Ability to build effective working relationships in a diverse multicultural environment;
9. Communicate and write effectively in either French or English, with a good working knowledge of the other language.
10. Competence in the use of standard Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint); knowledge of SAP is desirable.
THIS POSITION IS CLASSIFIED INTERNATIONAL STATUS AND ATTRACTS INTERNATIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT.
Should you encounter technical difficulties in submitting your application, please send an email with a precise description of the issue and/or a screenshot showing the problem to: HR Direct HRDirect@AFDB.ORG
To apply for this vacancy, you need to be national of one of AfDB member countries.
Applicants who fully meet the Bank’s requirements and are considered for interview will be contacted. Only online applications submitted with a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) and copies of the required degrees will be considered. The President, AfDB, reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level. The African Development Bank is an equal opportunities employer. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. The African Development Bank Group (AfDB) does not ask for payments of any kind from applicants throughout the recruitment process (job application, CV review, interview meeting, and final processing of applications). In addition, the Bank does not request information on applicants’ bank accounts. The African Development Bank Group declines all responsibility for the fraudulent publications of job offers in its name or, in general, for the fraudulent use of its name in any way whatsoever.
About the author
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.