Many businesses and religious centers have been longing on when business will reopen back to normalcy for them. Here is the good news, as Lagos State government has announced measure for resumption to full business.
The categories majorly affected are businesses like restaurants, event centers, salons, gyms, cinema houses, bars, spa shops, night clubs and religious centers like Churches and Mosques.
In a statement signed by Director General of the Lagos State Safety Commission, it reads that: “further to the directive of Mr. Governor with respect to the Register to Open Initiative of Lagos State Government, we hereby confirm that all religious and social centers (Social Clubs, Event Centers, Restaurants, Bars, Night Clubs, Spas, Cinemas and Gyms) within the State can commence the registration process on the designated portal HERE immediately.”
Please take note; you will need the following to complete registration to reopen your religious or social centers:
- Business registration number
- A valid email address
- Phone number
- Internal space size (in square meters)
- Current maximum capacity of people you can accommodate.
- Number of staff
- Number of conveniences (toilets/restrooms) available
- Safety policy document (optional but recommended)
- Lagos state compliance certificate
- Minimum of 6 pictures of your business premises showing front entry, interior, exterior, emergency exits, etc.
After successful completion of the stages above, you will receive a mail confirming the status of your application, most likely with your Unique Identification Number (UIN).
Please keep it safe, because a representative of the Lagos State Safety Commission will contact you within 7 to 14 days to carry out a virtual or physical assessment.
Best of luck to all concerned with their reopening. Remember, safety is everyone’s responsibility.