A free vocational training will hold in Lagos and for Lagos residents only. The vocational training will last for three (3) months, starting, 5th of October, 2020.
The training is brought to you by Field of Skills and Dreams VTE Academy, with support from the United State Consulate in Lagos.
According to a statement from the United State Mission Nigeria Facebook page, tagged ‘New Training Opportunity’, it reads that; “The program will teach vocational and technical skills to emerging entrepreneurs, including people who lost their jobs due to COVID-19 pandemic, unemployed graduates of tertiary institutions, and disadvantaged women.”
The deadline for application submission for the vocational training is Friday, September 11, 2020.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for the next stage which is the interview stage.
The following courses are available for registration;
- Hair Dressing
- Refrigerator & AC Maintenance
- Hotel & Catering Management
- Web Designing
- Fashion Designing
- Mobile Phone Repairs
IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO NOTE
- You need to provide a guarantor’s details to complete registration
- You need a Lagos State Residency Registration (LASSRA) Number to register.
- You will be asked if you will be fully available for the three (3) month duration of the program.
- There will be screening and interviews. Only shortlisted will be contacted.
- The training will hold in Lagos only.
The training program is designed to teach vocational and technical skills to emerging entrepreneurs and provide a leverage to get employment in similar fields in industry.